Edit: OMG I GOT ACCEPTED THANK YOU SO MUCH
Let the rp-ing being
(comments? notes? Anything is fine
It's my first time submitting an app...so uh, forgive me for any mistakes/blathering in history
it's cuz other apps I looked at for ref had long history too
Ren YuYan 任宇焰Kingdom:
168cm | 5'5"Weight:
Traveler | YuYan has made it her life-long mission to help other children so that they would never face hardships like she did. With her only mastery being in medicine and culinary arts, she helps out in many different villages during her travels, staying longer in areas that have encountered war.Likes:
● Meeting new people, especially children
● Flowers, snow, and uncovering flowers from under the snow (she likes the challenge of trying to find them in a winter country)
● Learning, anything from writing to cooking. As long as it could potentially be used to help someone else, YuYan would be willing to learn it
(but learning and MASTERING are two different things...)
● Travelling, especially to the borders; YuYan is fascinated by the various cultures/specialties of the other kingdoms.Dislikes:
● Enclosed spaces
● Fire, or anything that radiates extreme warmth
even though her own name means "fire"
● People doubting her ability just because she can only see out one eye
● Big animals, or big people, or just anything breathing that towers over her in general (so houses/trees are ok)
● Bloodshed and weapons, but still learned about handling weapons for safety reasonsPersonality:
Cheerful and outgoing by nature, YuYan is often seen travelling village to village, helping out whomever is in need. Even if the men insist that they can “handle” it (too much pride?), if YuYan thinks there’s something she can do, she will do it
whether they like it or not.
Often looked down upon because she’s a young woman travelling alone, YuYan makes it a point to show other people that their opinions don’t matter to her. Her curiousity is like a bottomless well; she wants to know everything, see everything, learn everything…etc. She does whatever it takes to achieve her goal and she doesn’t let anyone boss her around, though with the kindness she shows to poor villages and children, most tend to leave her along/love her anyways.History:
YuYan is the second daughter of a family of four (previously five), consisting of her parents, her older brother, and herself. Her father is a mason from a small village located north-east in the North Kingdom whereas her mother is a travelling musician from the West. With her father working hard for the family and her mother constantly travelling, YuYan and her siblings were often left to fend on their own. Because of the many children and low income, YuYan was unable to go to school. However, this did not deter her thirst for knowledge, and she made it a point to learn from anyone she could using whatever method, be it just watching from a distance or asking them to be her teacher.
Born from a mix of two kingdoms, YuYan was either bullied or admired by other kids when she was young. When YuYan was eight years old, she was locked in a small storage house by some older kids. In a desperate attempt to keep warm, she tried to make a fire that ended up going out of control. ShiYun (詩雲) and KaiJie (凱傑), her older sister and brother, were out looking for her when the saw the blazing fire. Both went in, but only KaiJie made it out carrying YuYan on his back.
As a result of the accident, ShiYun died in the fire, causing YuYan to develop a fear for flames. She also suffered burns on the right side of her face, which is now horribly disfigured with the burn surrounding her right eye. She relies on her left eye for sight and although she herself isn't saddened by her disfigurement, she uses her hair to cover her face in order to prevent seeing others cringe every time they look at her.Trivia:
● Prefers travelling alone as opposed to a group
● Dreams to work for the imperial palace and hold a position powerful enough to help regulate laws that protect and aid children
● Won’t kill anything to save her own life (dangerous people, poisonous animals)…so she just opts to deter them (knocks out/drugs them before escaping)
● YuYan's sense of fashion comes from her mixed heritage; she likes lightweight clothing that's easy to travel around in (pants as opposed to a dress/skirt) but seeing as how she lives up north, she can't go without her fur cape and snow boots.
Time: 8 hours for the painting...and that doesn't even include all the time I took for lineart ;A;
Media: Marie Gouache Watercolours, pencil, fineliner
Ren YuYan ©